One of Australia's last DVD rental stores is closing - this one is out in regional Western Australia. I do wonder if adorning your store with faded posters of movies 10 or so years-old may not have helped matters.
How many video stores could be left? And would that number be higher or lower than people who made it through the first episode of Netflix's show Blockbuster?
Off the top of my head, I can think of just one video store in suburban Brisbane where I live and considering the limited hours that store is ever open, I'm 100% certain it is a front for something shady.
- Chucky has been renewed for season 3 by Syfy. Read: Deadline
- Kevin Hart's Quibi comedy Die Hart has been re-edited into a film for release on Amazon Prime Video. It debuts Feb 24. Read: Dark Horizons
- The Frasier 3.0 cast is starting to take shape. Read: TV Insider
- Despite middling reviews, Mayfair Witches is performing well for AMC - thank Alexandria Daddario, who is a bona fide star. Read: Variety
- Bryan Cranston is keen on revisiting Malcolm In The Middle. How rare is it that the actor who broke-out huge after a series run is the guy who is keen to bring that show back? Read: THR
- Netflix has cancelled the Neil Patrick Harris comedy Uncoupled after one season. Read: TV Insider
- Snowpiercer is being shopped around after the Warner Bros Discovery-owned TNT opted not to broadcast its final season. Read: TV Insider
- Was The Carrie Diaries the best Sex & The City spin-off? Read: Paste
- Meanwhile the less good sequel series And Just Like That has John Corbett returning in season 2. Read: Indiewire
- Michael Bay is facing charges of murdering a pigeon in France on the set of Netflix film Underground 6. Two crimes were committed that day... Read: Indiewire
- Morgan Freeman has joined the cast of Lioness. Read: THR
- Dead End: Paranormal Park has been cancelled by Netflix. Apparently it was a cartoon show. Read: The Verge
- YouTube is conducting an experiment with FAStT channels and on-demand content. Read: THR
- Meanwhile, YouTube content creators are f**king p**sed about the new swearing policy. Read: The Verge
History of The World Part II is a Hulu follow-up to the movie. It debuts March 6.
NBC is the new home of Magnum PI.
I'm irrationally interested in the Night Court reboot. It debuts Jan 17.
Grand Crew, a better-than-you'd-expect sitcom, returns for season 2 on NBC March 3.
American Auto returns Jan 24 on NBC. If you didn't pay season one any attention, know that it is from Superstore creator Justin Spitzer.
The Ark debuts on Syfy Feb 1.
And that's that for today. Tomorrow, more that.