Some people will be in shock this morning - others genuinely upset. The majority of people likely don't know Jason David Frank by name or face. And that's okay - not every one is a household name or even a 'hey, it's that guy'. What matters is whether you made an impact on those who knew you. And Jason David Frank absolutely did that.
Frank was known for playing Tommy on the original incarnation of kids series Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. He wasn't an original cast member, rather he joined the cast midway through the first season as 'the Green Ranger' - it was never supposed to be an ongoing role, but he proved popular and was soon brought into the series full-time as a newly colored 'White Ranger' and led the team. Of any cast member from the Power Rangers series and its many, many, many spin-offs, Jason David Frank was the one true break-out star who was famous for Power Rangers.
His Power Ranger appearances totalled over 200 episodes. Frank, as you would assume, was popular on the fan convention circuit. Away from the Power Rangers, he was into martial arts with business interests in the MMA.
It was reported that Frank died over the weekend at the age of 49. Cast members have been posting their memories of working with Frank. It seems that he was a good man.
- CBS News announced it was leaving Twitter over the weekend, but then reversed that decision. It has security concerns. Read: Variety
- According to Jenny Agutter, Call The Midwife filming keeps being interrupted by the nearby sounds of Tom Cruise flying helicopters to/from the set of an upcoming Mission: Impossible film. Read: NY Post
- ABC has cancelled Avalon, a David E Kelley series given a straight-to-series order. They didn't care for the pilot, which starred Neve Campbell. Read: Deadline
- US Today show weatherman Al Roker and regular TV Guide cover star has been away from the show recently. He has revealed he's in hospital with a blood clot in my leg, which sent some clots into his lungs. Rest up, Al. Read: THR
- The White Lotus has been given the greenlight for a third season. Good news. Read: THR
That's it for today. On we go to another week.