Apparently it isn't just TikTok that can introduce music to new audiences, but TV shows can also still have an impact in 2022. Wild.
An episode of Stranger Things released on Friday features an extended sequence that involves the Kate Bush song Running Up That Hill. I haven't seen episode 4 of the new season, but it clearly resonated. The song has now reached #1 on iTunes.
Want to understand just how huge this song has become? It surged 153% and, get this... it has replaced Wuthering Heights as the number one Kate Bush on Spotify.
It's a modern day music miracle. The power of Stranger Things....
A good year and a half ago Disney announced a new Star Wars show Lando, based on the character played in different films by Billy Dee Williams and Donald Glover. What we didn't know is two things:
- Is it going to be Donald Glover or Billy Dee Williams playing the smooth, loyalty-ambiguous cad; or
- When we will see the show.
Today we have answers. Ish.
- Donald Glover will be in the show, but we haven't yet ruled out the potential that Williams may also be in it.
- Not anytime soon.
Here's Star Wars chief Kathleen Kennedy:
You need to ask Donald. He's the one that holds all the cards here. But there's no movement. I will say that honestly. But it's not for lack of trying. It's just that he's a very busy guy. ... He's got another series, and I think one other thing, and then he'll come our way. So patiently waiting.
- If you were looking forward to seeing Leslie Mann and/or Tim Robbins (for whatever reason) in new Amazon series The Power, sorry, but their roles have been recast. Read: Deadline
- Norm Macdonald: Nothing Special is the final stand-up special recorded by Macdonald. It starts streaming today on Netflix. Read: CNN
- Season 2 of the very funny Australian comedy Fisk is now in production. Read: Mediaweek
- Up to 9 staffers of The Weekly, a comedy show on Australia's ABC, saw the full Walker when the EP of the show Chris Walker was seen getting into a shower. Now, I don't know how intentional this was or not, but it is a good reminder to all that they should invest in some webcam covers. It's responsible Internet/camera user behaviour. Read: TV Tonight
Can you believe that's it for today? It's an incredibly quiet one.