Call your local dungeon master - there's big news in the world of Dungeons & Dragons today with the announcement of an 8-episode Dungeons & Dragons scripted show coming to Paramount+.
eOne and Paramount Pictures teamed for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves movie (out in cinemas at the end of March). This TV series is essentially marking the first entry into an extended universe.
The live-action series has been tipped to be the studio’s largest-scope TV project ever, potentially launching a “Dungeons & Dragons” universe spanning multiple scripted and unscripted shows.
Red Notice filmmaker Rawson Marshall Thurber wrote the pilot script will direct the first episode.
While it is probably a smart move to get the TV series up and running as fast as possible to connect with the upcoming film (with the hope audiences take to it), I do wonder how many swords and spells TV shows the market can support. Among the high profile series already you have House of The Dragon, Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power, and Willow. That already seems like a lot.
- AMC has a whole bunch of The Walking Dead spin-off series on the runway. Here's a guide to the new shows and when they debut this year. Read: Primetimer
- Shane Black, Greg Nicotero, and Brian Witten are developing a TV series based on the Bannerman spy books for AMC. I initially read it as a Bannanaman series, adapting the cult UK cartoon show from the 80s. But that's not what this is. I'm sure Bannerman will be ok too. Read: thefutoncritic
- A Goldman Sachs analyst called Warner Bros Discovery their favourite media stock, prompting Wall Street to lift its share price by 5%. Read: Variety
- HBO Max in Europe has offloaded 21 shows to the SkyShowtime streaming service, which will be branded as SkyShowtime originals. Read: The Verge
- The first two episodes of the Paramount+ Fatal Attraction series, starring Lizzy Caplan and Joshua Jackson, will debut April 30. Read: Indiewire
- Bethan Arwel-Lewis has been appointed as the factual commissioning editor for Australian pubcaster SBS. Read: IF
- The CNN daytime news shows between 9am and 4pm will aim to get hosts out from behind desks for a 'newsroom headquarters' format - whatever that means exactly. Read: Variety
- RIP Days of Our Lives actor Quinn Redeker, who died aged 86. Read: NY Post
- I'm not sure I agree with much of it, but Indiewire hasits list of the 15 best Cheers episodes. Read: Indiewire
Pamela, a Love Story is Netflix's biography documentary which has Pamela Anderson talking about her life.
Gunther's Millions is a documentary about the world's richest dog. It debuts on Netflix Feb 1.
At Midnight is a film debuting on Paramount+ Feb 10. The film centers around Alejandro (Diego Boneta), an ambitious hotel manager, and Sophie (Monica Barbaro), a movie star navigating the politics of Hollywood.
The 8th and final season of Fear The Walking Dead debuts on AMC May 14.
How I Met Your Father returns Jan 24 for a second season on Hulu.
Lucky Hank debuts on AMC March 19.
Shape Island debuts Jan 20 on Apple TV+.
Jan 27 is the s2 return date for Netflix series Kings of Jo'burg.
Well, it appears we are no longer short of news or trailers anymore. 2023 is truly upon us. There will be more newsletter tomorrow!